© Mr James Ryall LRPS
PRIOR PARK (NOW PRIOR PARK COLLEGE),
BATH, BATH AND NORTH EAST SOMERSET, SOMERSET
Mr James Ryall LRPS
14 September 2001
12 June 1950
Date of last amendment:
12 June 1950
The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.
1. PRIOR PARK
823 Prior Park
(Now Prior Park College)
ST 76 SE 4/572 12.6.50.
Built for Ralph Allen by John Wood, Elder, as advertisement for his local
stone. 1735-43. Long facade has 15 openings. Attached Ionic portico with
6 half columns and pediment. Windows plain. Frieze, which originally
had windows, and cornice runs round all elevations. North side, Corinthian
hexastyle portico projects with columns, 3 feet 1½ inches diameter and
32 feet high. Ground floor windows have moulded architraves and pediments.
Central flight of steps and urns added by Goodridge in 1836. East and
west ends - upper floors as designed with window cornices and central
Venetian windows. Walls inside and out are all built of freestone.