You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 460361  

Print Page



© Mr Richard Summers

IoE Number: 460361
Location: CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL,
  SIBDON CARWOOD, SOUTH SHROPSHIRE, SHROPSHIRE
Photographer: Mr Richard Summers
Date Photographed: 27 June 2005
Date listed: 12 November 1954
Date of last amendment: 12 November 1954
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

SIBDON CARWOODSO48SWChurch of St Michael1943-1/5/81

SIBDON CARWOOD SO48SW Church of St Michael 1943-1/5/81 12/11/54 GV II Parish church. 1741; tower c1800; restored and extended 1872. Nave, chancel and west tower. Ashlar sandstone on rubble plinth; Welsh slate roof. EXTERIOR: north front: 1 and 2-light lancets with traceried heads in square-headed cases; moulded eaves cornice. Similar lancets to south front; C20 restored cornice. C19 chancel with similar single-light lancets. Slender porch-tower with tiers of 2 small chamfered openings, and returned moulded string course to each face; gargoyles; moulded band and castellated parapet with quatrefoil roundels; weather-vane with flying archangel; chamfered pointed arch; alcoves; C19 plank doors and chamfered arch. INTERIOR: C19 and C20 glass; bronze tablet: EH Gilchrist de Castro, d.1919.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.