You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 52759  

Print Page



© Mr David Black

IoE Number: 52759
Location: CHURCH OF ST DENIS,
  HATLEY, SOUTH CAMBRIDGESHIRE, CAMBRIDGESHIRE
Photographer: Mr David Black
Date Photographed: 20 February 2005
Date listed: 22 November 1967
Date of last amendment: 22 November 1967
Grade II*

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

HATLEYEAST HATLEYTL 25SE (West side)4/9622.11.67Church of St Denis

HATLEY EAST HATLEY TL 25SE (West side) 4/96 22.11.67 Church of St Denis II* Former parish church, now redundant. C13 nave and chancel mostly rebuilt 1874 by W Butterfield. Fieldstone with clunch and limestone dressings. Plan of nave and chancel with modern vestry and south porch. Nave, c.1300 with C19 gabled bell-cote at west end. North wall has three windows restored, including two lancets one with a cinquefoiled and the other with a trefoiled head. The third window is of two trefoil lights with a foiled head. North doorway in two centred arch of two chamfered orders. South doorway is mid C14 of two continuous wave moulded orders. The church is now covered in creeper and the above notes are taken from RCHM West Cambs mon (1) p145. Pevsner: Buildings of England p334

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.