You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 52760  

Print Page



© Mr Brian Jenkins LRPS

IoE Number: 52760
Location: CHURCH OF ST GEORGE,
  HATLEY, SOUTH CAMBRIDGESHIRE, CAMBRIDGESHIRE
Photographer: Mr Brian Jenkins LRPS
Date Photographed: 01 May 2000
Date listed: 22 November 1967
Date of last amendment: 22 November 1967
Grade II*

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

HATLEYHATLEY ST GEORGETL 25SE (South side)4/97Church of St George

HATLEY HATLEY ST GEORGE TL 25SE (South side) 4/97 Church of St George 22.11.67 II* Parish church. C14, C15 and c.1873-8. Fieldstone and rubble, with clunch dressings and tiled roof. Bell tower aisleless nave, and chancel with north and south adjuncts. West tower, C15 with bell stage repaired in brick in 1625. Embattled parapet with large centre gargoyle to the cornice. Three stage diagonal buttressing. West window of two cinquefoil lights with vertical tracery in a four centred head. Bell-stage openings blocked with the blocking in north opening dated 1625. South wall of nave has two, three-light window with vertical tracery in four centred arch. The south doorway has continuously moulded jambs. The north wall has two similar windows and a two centred arch to a doorway of continuously moulded orders in a square head. The chancel is c.1873-8. Inside: C14 piscina in nave with moulded jambs and cinquefoil head. Wall monuments on north wall of nave to members of Quintin family, early C19, Thomas Quintin, 1806, white marble sarcophagus signed E Gaffin, Regent Street, London. RCHM: West Cambs mon (2)

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.