You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 52837  

Print Page



© Mr Peter Warwick

IoE Number: 52837
Location: LITTLE CHISHILL MILL, BARLEY ROAD (south side)
  GREAT AND LITTLE CHISHILL, SOUTH CAMBRIDGESHIRE, CAMBRIDGESHIRE
Photographer: Mr Peter Warwick
Date Photographed: 31 July 2003
Date listed: 22 November 1967
Date of last amendment: 22 November 1967
Grade II*

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

TL 43 NWGT & LT CHISHILLBARLEY ROAD(South Side)8/9Little Chishill22.11.67MillII*

TL 43 NW GT & LT CHISHILL BARLEY ROAD (South Side) 8/9 Little Chishill 22.11.67 Mill II* Post mill. Possibly rebuilt 1819 (Wailes), scratching on stud 1712, main post renewed 1868 and dated underneath mill. Patent sails c.1912 - 16 replaciny former canvas covered sails. Timber-framed, weather boarded and painted with brick piers. The main structure extends to the rear housing the bolter; restored fantail on ladder. Interior: Main shaft of iron, wooden driving wheels, and two pairs of stones in the upper floor. The mill was last used in 1951, and was renovated by Thompsons of Alford, Lincs. in 1966. RCHM report 1950 Wailes, R. Windmills in England Wailes, R. SPAB report.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.