You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 57013  

Print Page



© Mr Howard W Hilton ARPS

IoE Number: 57013
Location: HAYMOORGREEN FARMHOUSE, WYBUNBURY LANE
  STAPELEY, CREWE AND NANTWICH, CHESHIRE
Photographer: Mr Howard W Hilton ARPS
Date Photographed: 04 September 2001
Date listed: 12 January 1967
Date of last amendment: 12 January 1967
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

STAPELEY C.P.WYBUNBURY LANESJ 65 SEHaymoorgreen Farmhouse8/4612.1.67

SJ 65 SE STAPELEY C.P. WYBUNBURY LANE 1179/8/46 Haymoorgreen Farmhouse 12.1.67 - II Farmhouse. Prior to 1626 when deeds for the property commence with later additions and alterations including probably C17 rear wing, c1836-75 extension to left, and renovations of c1950 including renewal of front wall and roof. Timber frame in rectangular panels with brick plinth and nogging, some wattle and daub infill; rendered in pebbledash, and with plain tile roof. PLAN: 2-cell with baffle entry, central and right end stacks; later ranges to right with end stack, and to rear. 2 storeys, 2 + 1 first-floor windows. 3-light casement windows to ground floor; upper storey has 3 gabled 4-light dormer windows. Off-centre left entrance with 6-panel door. INTERIOR: much surviving timber framing, including chamfered ground sill and wall plate, and roof with chamfered, trenched purlins and wind braces. Inglenook fireplace in centre room with chamfered bressumer and lamb's tongue stop. Wide floorboards to front part. Stair behind main stack has short run of stick balusters to upper part. Further closed-string staircase along rear wall from centre room to right extension has shaped handrail, pierced splat balusters and newel post; axial beam has lamb's tongue stops. Rear wing has spine beam with lamb's tongue. HISTORICAL NOTE: the position of the entrance was altered during the C20 rebuilding of the front wall.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.