You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 210795  

Print Page



© Mr Derek Trillo ARPS

IoE Number: 210795
Location: PARISH CHURCH OF ST MARY, CHURCHGATE (east side)
  STOCKPORT, STOCKPORT, GREATER MANCHESTER
Photographer: Mr Derek Trillo ARPS
Date Photographed: 04 March 2001
Date listed: 14 May 1952
Date of last amendment: 14 May 1952
Grade A

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

1.CHURCHGATE5086(East Side)Parish Church of St MarySJ 9990 NE 1/1

1. CHURCHGATE 5086 (East Side) Parish Church of St Mary SJ 9990 NE 1/1 SJ 9990 SE 2/1 l4.5.52. A GV 2. Chancel Decorated, but very much restored, with sedilia and double piscina. Most of church rebuilt. 1813-17 to designs of Lewis Wyatt, in Perpendicular Gothic. West tower and 2 porches. Interior:- galleries, monument of 1334 to Richard de Vernon, rector of Stockport, also of 1753 to William Wright by Daniel Sephton. Also good monuments of early C19, 2 by Sir Richard Westmaoott. The Parish Church of St Mary and gate and wall form a visual group with properties in the Market Place.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.