© Mr Derek Trillo ARPS
PARISH CHURCH OF ST PETER, ST PETERS SQUARE (centre of)
STOCKPORT, STOCKPORT, GREATER MANCHESTER
Mr Derek Trillo ARPS
03 March 2001
14 May 1952
Date of last amendment:
10 March 1975
The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.
1. ST PETER S SQUARE
Parish Church of St Peter
(Formerly listed under
SJ 8990 SW 3/13 14.5.52.
Circa 1763. Built at the expense of William Wright, and containing his monument.
Red brick. Chancel added 1888. West tower has a stuccoed doorcase with a
segmental head in an archivolt, square sunk panels and blocked lights, and
rises to an octagonal belfry. The nave windows are round-headed, with keyblocks
Statue of Richard Cobden forms a visual group with the Parish Church of St Peter.
Also Nos 14 & 16 form a visual group with the Parish Church of St Peter.