You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 212960  

Print Page



© Mr F. Bryan Basketter LRPS

IoE Number: 212960
Location: CHURCH OF ST GEORGE, MANCHESTER ROAD (south side)
  CARRINGTON, TRAFFORD, GREATER MANCHESTER
Photographer: Mr F. Bryan Basketter LRPS
Date Photographed: 07 June 2006
Date listed: 05 March 1959
Date of last amendment: 05 March 1959
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

In the entry for:- CARRINGTON MANCHESTER ROAD SJ 79 SW (South Side) (SJ 7292 NE) 4/3 Church of St George 5.3.59 II The description shall be amended to read:- Church, originally a chapel of ease. 1757-9, altered late C19. Flemish bond brick with graduated stone slate roof. 4 x 2 bays with west gallery and small chancel. Each bay has a round-arched window with impost blocks, keystone and leaded lights. The elliptical-arched door has a rusticated stone surround. 2 west windows blocked when gallery inserted in late C19. The chancel has a Venetian window and a hipped roof. A cupola on the west end has been removed. Interior: box pews, coved ceiling, stained glass. Font based on a marble wash bowl. Wooden reredos of c1872. ------------------------------------ CARRINGTON MANCHESTER ROAD SJ 79 SW (south side) (SJ 7292 NE) 4/3 Church of 5/3/59 St. George - II Church, originally a chapel of ease. 1757-9 with chancel added in 1872. Flemish bond brick with graduated stone slate roof. 4 x 2 bays with west gallery and small chancel. Each bay has a round-arched window with impost blocks, keystone and leaded lights. The elliptical-arched door has a rusticated stone surround. 2 west windows blocked when gallery inserted in late C19. The chancel has a Venetian window and a hipped roof. A cupola on the west end has been removed. Interior: box pews, coved ceiling, stained glass. Font based on a marble wash bowl.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.