You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 290669  

Print Page



©  Peter Karry ARPS

IoE Number: 290669
Location: EPSOM COLLEGE CHAPEL, COLLEGE ROAD (south side)
  EPSOM, EPSOM AND EWELL, SURREY
Photographer: Peter Karry ARPS
Date Photographed: 18 June 2000
Date listed: 22 March 1974
Date of last amendment: 22 March 1974
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

In the entry for EPSOM COLLEGE ROAD 31/197 (south side) Epsom College Chapel The description should be amended to read:- 1895. By Sir Arthur Blomfield ARA & Sons. Red brick. Ashlar dressings. Pitched slate roof. No aisles or chancel. 8 bays, separated by buttresses with tumbled brick set backs, each with 1 3-light window with Perpendicular tracery. 5-light "E" and "W" windows also with Perpendicular tracery. Moulded eaves cornice, crenellated parapet. Crocketed finials above buttresses. Gargoyles at corners. 2 bay chapels project to "N" and "S", with parapets following gable line. Porch to "N". Canted chapel projection to "S", surmanted by open wooden lantern with octagonal shingled spire. This chapel was built to replace the existing chapel which was too small. See Epsom and Ewell Herald, July 13, 1895 ------------------------------------ EPSOM 1086 COLLEGE ROAD (South Side) Epsom College Chapel TQ 2260 31/197 II 2. Late C19. Red brick. Ashlar dressings. Pitched slate roof. No aisles or chancel. 8 bays, separated by buttresses with tumbled brick set backs, each with 1 3-light window with Perpendicular tracery. 5-light "E" and "W" windows also with Perpendicular tracery. Moulded eaves cornice, crenallated parapet. Crocketed finials above buttresses. Gargoyles at corners. 2 bay chapels project to "N" and "S", with parapets following gable line. Porch to "N". Canted chapel projection to "S", surmanted by open wooden lantern with octagonal shingled spire.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.