You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 400300  

Print Page



© Mr P. J. Nicholson

IoE Number: 400300
Location: HANDYSIDE ARCH BRIDGE (OVER RIVER DERWENT),
  DERBY, DERBY, DERBYSHIRE
Photographer: Mr P. J. Nicholson
Date Photographed: 11 February 2006
Date listed: 02 March 1976
Date of last amendment: 02 March 1976
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

Handyside Arch Bridge5170(Over River Derwent)SK 33 NE 9/12.3.76II

Handyside Arch Bridge 1. 5170 (Over River Derwent) SK 33 NE 9/1 2.3.76 II 2. 1878. Built by Andrew Handyside and Company, Ironfounders of Derby, as was the bridge spanning Friar Gate (qv). This former railway bridge (now confined to pedestrian traffic) is an interesting structure. The deck which formerly carried the track is hung from steel segmental arches with a span of some 130 ft. The arches are of lattice construction. Stone abutments, and parapet walls at sides.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.