You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 402964  

Print Page



© Mr Michael J Tuck

IoE Number: 402964
Location: MEDIEVAL CROSS IN ST EDITH'S CHURCHYARD, SOUTH OF CHURCH, WORTHENBURY ROAD (west side)
  CHURCH SHOCKLACH, CHESTER, CHESHIRE
Photographer: Mr Michael J Tuck
Date Photographed: 01 September 1999
Date listed: 28 November 1984
Date of last amendment: 28 November 1984
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

SJ 45 SWCHURCH SHOCKLACH C.P.WORTHENBURY ROADWest Side2/12Medieval Cross in StEdith'sChurchyard,

SJ 45 SW CHURCH SHOCKLACH C.P. WORTHENBURY ROAD West Side 2/12 Medieval Cross in St Edith's Churchyard, South of Church - GV II Cross, medieval, of red sandstone; the octagonal shaft replaced or recut 1896. The head is missing. The restored plinth stands on a square base of 4 sandstone steps. Locally reputed to have been used as a Plague Cross where food and water was left for those infected.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.