© Helmut Schulenburg
BASE OF CHURCHYARD CROSS APPROXIMATELY 9 METRES SOUTH OF THE CHURCH OF ALL SAITS,
WESTON ON AVON, STRATFORD ON AVON, WARWICKSHIRE
27 August 2004
02 August 1972
Date of last amendment:
19 June 2000
The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.
SP1551 Base of churchyard cross approx. 9m
1931-1/8/173 south of Church of All Saints
(Formerly Listed as:
WESTON ON AVON
Remains of medieval churchyard cross)
Base of medieval cross. Limestone ashlar. Moulded square
plinth supports broached octagonal socket stone, which has
large square mortise. Socket stone now supports section of
window head, probably replaced during restoration.
(Victoria County Histories: Styles P: Victoria History of the
County of Warwickshire: 1945-: 200 FF).