You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 275586  

Print Page

© Mr Peter Tree

IoE Number: 275586
Photographer: Mr Peter Tree
Date Photographed: 06 December 2003
Date listed: 07 May 1954
Date of last amendment: 26 June 1984
Grade II*

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

TL 76 SWDALHAMSTORES HILL6/26Lower Mill 17.5.54(Formerly listedas Lower Windmill)

TL 76 SW DALHAM STORES HILL 6/26 Lower Mill 1 7.5.54 (Formerly listed as Lower Windmill) II* A large smock mill, c.1790. About 16 metres high; ground floor and 3 floors above; octagonal. Weatherboarded timber-framing on plinth of tarred brick. Pentice-roofed small-pane casements. Beehive cap with gallery and fantail. 4 patent sails (not in position 1983). 3 pairs of stones mounted on a hurst frame on the 1st floor. The mill was in full use until 1926. Complete restoration well advanced 1983. For full description and photographs etc. see WINDMILLS IN SUFOLK: Peter C.J. Dolman: Suffolk Mills Group, 1978.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.