You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 287116  

Print Page



© Miss Lynn Barrett

IoE Number: 287116
Location: THE OLD MILL, OLD GUILDFORD ROAD
  CAMBERLEY, SURREY HEATH, SURREY
Photographer: Miss Lynn Barrett
Date Photographed: 27 July 2002
Date listed: 19 July 1984
Date of last amendment: 19 July 1984
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

SU 85NECAMBERLEY & FRIMLEY U.D.OLD GUILDFORD ROADFRIMLEY GREEN7/47The old Mill

SU 85NE CAMBERLEY & FRIMLEY U.D. OLD GUILDFORD ROAD FRIMLEY GREEN 7/47 The old Mill II Mill, converted with house attached. Mill tower late C18, house by Frank Abbot 1914, altered on garden front for his daughter Grace Willis in 1928. Brown and red brick with sandstone dressings to house; plain tiled roofs, conical over tower, hipped roofs, swept over main house. Tower to right end with L shaped house attached to left, gable end wing projecting to front left forming courtyard in re-entrant angle. Two storeys with multiple ridge stacks, arcaded panelling on shafts and oversailing tops to stacks to right of centre and left end; quadruple diagonal stacks to left of centre with end stack on projecting wings. Regular fenestration, 2 leaded casements to first floor right of entrance front, 2 further first floor windows to right hand side of projecting wing. Arched recessed porch to right end with double studded doors under billeted lintel. Garden front: Two storeys with attics under central flat roof dormer and in gables to left and right of centre, Regular front with two storey angle bays to either ends under brick parapets with diamond patterning. Stone dressed mullion and transomed windows with leaded lights, four 3-light across first floor, centre light arched on first floor window in right hand angle bay. Double glazed leaded doors to centre under arched head with flanking margin lights. Further arched door to left in brick porch to Mill tower. Central stone plaque with gilded decoration. THE WINDMILLS OF SURREY AND INNER LONDON - K.G. Farries and M.T. Mason. 1906 p.101, i11. 39.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.