© Mr Richard M. Brown FRICS
REIGATE HEATH WINDMILL, FLANCHFORD ROAD (north off)
REIGATE, REIGATE AND BANSTEAD, SURREY
Mr Richard M. Brown FRICS
03 November 2006
19 October 1951
Date of last amendment:
31 March 1977
The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.
(North Side) (off)
Reigate Heath Windmill
Reigate Heath Baptist Church)
[formerly listed as
St Cross Chapel at The Mill
(Reigate Heath Windmill)]
TQ 2350 9/70 19.10.51.
C18 post mill. Boat shaped top and sails restored. Built in 1765. Upper walls
of tarred weather-boarding brought down to fit over roof of roundhouse and so
prevent movement. Brick roundhouse with leaded roof. Plain C18 casements, high
up. Church bell added on north side. Probably the only windmill in England in
use as a church.