© Mr Reg Perry
WINDMILL ABOUT 830 YARDS SOUTH EAST OF ST GEORGES REFORNE,
PORTLAND, WEYMOUTH AND PORTLAND, DORSET
Mr Reg Perry
27 June 2001
21 September 1978
Date of last amendment:
17 May 1993
The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.
969-1/4/27 Windmill at NGR SY 69087138
(Formerly Listed as:
Windmill about 830 yds south-east of
St Georges Reforne)
Disused windmill. Probably C17. Rough coursed rubble,
roofless. A plain cylindrical shaft to flush dressed coping, c
4m diameter and c 5.5m high. At top are small openings to
dressed jambs, former deep opening to west now blocked flush;
to N and S plain square undressed openings to former doors.
Walls c 650mm thick. Interior has various putlog holes at c
3.2 m from ground level, and various dressed slots internally.
One of the only two remaing mills on the island, this one
perhaps earlier than the other, which lies c.135m to the SE
(qv). Shown on the Hutchins map of 1710.
(Royal Commission on Historical Monuments: Dorset: London: