© Mr Gary Lilliott
BIDSTON WINDMILL, VYNER ROAD NORTH (north side)
BIRKENHEAD, WIRRAL, MERSEYSIDE
Mr Gary Lilliott
09 May 2002
29 July 1950
Date of last amendment:
10 August 1992
The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.
SJ28NE VYNER ROAD NORTH, Bidston
789-1/3/181 (North side)
29/07/50 Bidston Windmill
(Formerly Listed as:
VYNER ROAD NORTH
The Old Windmill)
Formerly known as: Windmill BIDSTON HILL.
Windmill. Late C18, restored late C19 and again 1971.
Roughcast render, probably over stone. Circular tapering tower
with boarded cap and sails. Doorway to tower with lintel
inscribed "Restored A.D.1894". The windmill was acquired by
the Corporation of Birkenhead, together with the surrounding
land, in 1909.