© Mr Bob Phillips
PARISH CHURCH OF SAINT PETER AND SAINT PAUL, CHURCH LANE
ASH CUM RIDLEY, SEVENOAKS, KENT
Mr Bob Phillips
04 November 2002
01 June 1967
Date of last amendment:
01 June 1967
The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.
ASH-CUM-RIDLEY CHURCH LANE
New Ash Green
Parish Church of
St Peter and St Paul
TQ 66 SW 7/5 1.6.67
C13, C14 and C15 restored by Sir T G Jackson in 1901-3. Built of flint with
ragstone and sandstone dressings. Chancel and west tower are C13. The top
part of the tower and the turret are of red brick. Three bay nave and aisles.
C14 but restored in 1472 when the south aisle was probably widened. North aisle
has good Decorated east window of ogee forms and spherical triangles. South
porch possibly of 1472 with stoup. Internally there is a good crown post roof
over the nave supported on trefoliated brackets. Early Perpendicular chancel
arch, a Perpendicular font, Brass of a priest half length, a hanging monument
to Dr Maxfield c1605 and 2 tablets to Thomas and Sophia Lambard of 1813 by
John Bacon Junior, Piscina in South Aisle.