You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 82717  

Print Page

© Mr Geoffrey R Hood LRPS, CPAGB

IoE Number: 82717
Photographer: Mr Geoffrey R Hood LRPS, CPAGB
Date Photographed: 23 March 2004
Date listed: 02 September 1952
Date of last amendment: 24 October 1986
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

PARISH OF FINDERNPORTER'S LANESK 33 SW1/322.9.52Tower House (formerlyListed as Old Tower

PARISH OF FINDERN PORTER'S LANE SK 33 SW 1/32 2.9.52 Tower House (formerly Listed as Old Tower House) II Windmill converted and extended into a house. Late C18 and C19, with C20 additions. Rendered brick with plain tile roof and a lateral brick stack. Octagonal roof to mill. Two storeys and the three storey mill at the east side. The mill is circular in plan and tapers. The south elevation has to the mill, two C20 small pane casements to the ground floor, two similar above and one similar above again. To the left are two more similar windows and a doorway with half glazed door and overlight. Three similar windows above. All the windows have slightly segmental heads. Single storey C20 range to west and C20 garage to east, not of special interest North side has a C20 extension not of special interest. The mill has a C19 2-light casement to north and a small square window to east.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.